Kojic acid is also a powerful antioxidant and has anti-aging benefits since its major function is to inhibit the tyrosinase catalytic activity, therefore melanin, sun damage and aging process are very much reduced. Kojic Acid also contains antifungal and antimicrobial properties which helps to treat acne and reduce inflammation caused by bacteria and also useful in treating fungal infections such as yeast infections, candidiasis, and ringworm.
Be mindful that recommended dosage to use is within 1- 3% concentration in cosmetics or skincare. Overdose may lead to severe skin irritation and sensitivity.
- Melasma and pigmentation treatment by effectively lightening dark spots on the skin
- Scar lightening as Kojic Acid can work on the scars caused by acne or injuries
- Skin lightening by inhibiting melanin formation to enhance a balanced skin tone
- Anti-aging as its antioxidant properties reduces age spots, liver spots and brightens skin
- Sun protection benefits, ability to treat sun damage
- Antibacterial properties to fight against bacterial skin infections especially acne
All types of skin-lightening products including sunscreen, lotions, creams, serums, moisturizers, soaps, cleansers, skincare and makeup products.
- 1. Usage level: 0.5% to 4%.
2. Kojic acid is safe for topical use in concentrations of up to 1% in skincare products. Do not use longer than 3 months at a time.
3. Always do a patch test!
- Appearance : Off-white powder
- Solubility : Soluble in Water,
- INCI : Kojic Acid
- CAS : 501-30-4
- Storage : Protect from light and humidity in a clean place at room. Once open, handle with care to avoid secondary microbial contamination