Further to this, Lime oil provides respiratory relief to those who need as this oil is effective for clearing up respiratory congestion and ailments. It helps to kill bacteria and viruses found in the respiratory and nasal passageways as well as alleviates infections which are causing blocked and difficult breathing. If necessary, it is safe to inhale the oil directly from the bottle in small dosages or just create a steam inhalation.
Therapeutically, Lime essential oil can aid in alleviating stress, tension and anxiety. It promotes emotional, mental clarity and stability as it uplifts your spirits and puts you in a better, optimistic mood. Use as massage oil to relieve rheumatoid arthritis, sprains, muscle pain, headaches and fever.
Note : Avoid direct sunlight for 12 hours after topical use of Lime essential oil.
- Re-energizes skin, boosting brightening and radiant skin
- Combats radical damage and keeps skin tight and firm
- Heals acne and prevents new breakouts.
- Heals wounds, cuts, insect bites or burns and speeds up recovery time
- Treats scalp issues like dandruff and itchy scalp. Promotes luscious and smooth hair by adding 2-3 drops of Lime oil into shampoo and massage gently onto hair and scalp before rinsing
- Treats head lice by just combining 10 drops each of Lime and Tea Tree essential oil with equal parts of carrier oil, and massage into hair for 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Use as aromatherapy to rejuvenate mental clarity, alleviate stress, tension and anxiety. Ability to boost liveliness and enthusiasm.
- Oral health – helps to mitigate risks of gum or teeth diseases, infections and toothaches
- Can be used to repel insects by adding 10 drops of Lime essential oil into a spray bottle filled with water, and spray anywhere around the house.
It is always safer to dilute essential oil before applying directly to skin to avoid allergic reaction.
1. Diffuser – Add 4-6 drops per 100ml of water
2. Skincare – 2-4 drops to 10ml of carrier oil/lotion/cream
3. Body massage – 5-8 drops to 10ml of carrier oil
- Botanical Name: Citrus Aurantifolia
- Composition: 100% Pure Lime Essential Oil
- Origin: West Indies
- Method of Extraction: Cold Pressed
- Plant Part: Lime peels
- Color: Pale Yellow to Light Olive
- Consistency: Thin